Using the Flex component kit for Flash CS3
Evan will be covering a number of different ways Flex developers can use the Flex component kit for Flash CS3:
Case study: Mazda Model Selector
- Reasons why you might use Flash with Flex on your project.
- Skin and style existing components.
- Create reveal-type transitions for containers in Flash.
- Animate a Flex layout using the Flash timeline.
- Demonstrate workflow from Flash to Flex.
- Tips and Tricks for using Flash and Flex together
- Use FlexBuilder to edit Actionscript for Flash project.
- Debug Flash using FlexBuilder
- Enable continuous build for Flash
- Gotchas and workarounds
Evan Gifford is a senior Flex developer who's been whipping up RIAs since the days of Flash 4 and Macromedia Generator. He is the guy who started the “community supported cairngorm goodness“ found at cairngormdocs.org, wrote the first true “TreeGrid” component for Flex and received an honorable mention at Adobe MAX 2007 for a Flex/AIR/LiveCycle project at Verizon Wireless.
Topic: Using the Flex component kit for Flash CS3
Speaker: Evan Gifford
Date: December 4th
Location: FarHeap Solutions offices at
2601 Main St Suite 1200
Irvine, CA 92614
Pizza and refreshments provided by FarHeap Solutions.